It has often been asked on this mailing list how to get undo working with continuous controls, and the generally agreed upon answer seems to be to use NSNotificationQueue to coalesce notifications under NSPostWhenIdle. In fact in a previous thread it was said that this method would work whether or not continuous controls were implemented using modal event loops (that is, instead of using mouseDown/dragged/ up). My question is whether this is really true. From playing around with this, it appears that the only reason the runloop isn't "idle" when holding a slider still is that the loop is eating up all the events, while if I mouse down and drag in other parts of the window "idle" notifications are indeed sent. Does this mean that using the NSNotificationQueue method would break if Apple every chose to use mouseDown/dragged/and up instead of just setting up a modal event loop on mousedown?

Thanks,

Francisco