I thought I'd share this with those of you who want an alternative to NSLog(). If you want your debugging output to always go to the debugger console without all the date and time stamping info, just place this bit of code in your <AppName>_Prefix.pch file. Then define the __DEBUG_OUT__ preprocessor macro in your Project Settings for Debug builds.

Once you have done this, debug output only occurs for debug builds. For release builds, it's as if the debug output code never existed.

Usage:

For NSString-style output use DBOut() the same way you would use NSLog().
For char *string output use DBCOut()

Enjoy!
- Don

#ifdef __DEBUG_OUT__
#define DBOut(fmt, ...) fprintf(stderr, "%s\n", [[NSString stringWithFormat:(fmt), __VA_ARGS__] cStringUsingEncoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding])
#define DBCOut(fmt, ...) fprintf(stderr, fmt, __VA_ARGS__)
#else
#define DBOut(fmt, ...)
#define DBCOut(fmt, ...)
#endif