On Apr 25, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

Le 26 avr. 08 à 01:44, Steve Christensen a écrit :
On Apr 25, 2008, at 12:45 PM, Erik Verbruggen wrote:

On 25 Apr 2008, at 20:06, Steve Christensen wrote:

I put both the window and NSWindowController subclass in MainMenu.nib since some of the menu items control behavior in the window (and some of the window's current state is reflected in the menus. So I wouldn't think that you'd want to reload the nib for that case, right?

Yes, you will want to reload the nib to get a new window. However, no, you don't want that for the menu bar. So you should move the window to a different nib file. Unfortunately, that will give you the "excitement" of having to update the menu status according to the selected window....:

And if I move the window and window controller out of the main nib, I'm no longer given an option for targets associated with my window controller (the first responder doesn't list my controller IBActions) when trying to wire up all the menu items. This was likely why I just put them into the main nib in the first place.

You can add methods and Outlet manualy to a class in IB. In the "Identity" tab of the inspector, there is the class name, and the list of methods and outlets, both with a "+"button.

Add your methods to the first responder and then you will ba able to bind them.

That did it! Thank you so much for the pointer.

steve