FYI, same thing happens in Carbon. Its technically a feature for Drag support.

--Rob

On Apr 28, 2008, at 8:51 PM, Peter Zegelin wrote:
Hi Graham,

I don't think so as they are my own rulers - I'm not using NSRulerView. I wasn't even going to mention the rulers! They are just custom sibling views. It's just weird that I can mousedown in one sibling and get a mouseup in another if the mouse happens to be over it on release. This doesn't happen if the views are completely separate ( I don't think so anyway).

This maybe just my misunderstanding of the way the view hierarchy works.

regards,

Peter