Probably means you'll need to use the event taps API and swallow the event - which is relatively simple to achieve as long as you can install an event tap that isnt a listener only. I presume since you're already talked about CGEvent structures, that this is indeed what you are doing - correct me if I'm wrong.

Installing an event tap that modifies the event chain won't require special privs (from memory), so long as you don't install it at the window server level.

Does this send you in the right direction?

--
John Clayton
http://www.coderage-software.com/