on 2008-05-02 10:44 AM, Graham Cox at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> You also need to override -respondsToSelector: and return a logical OR
> of your delegate plus the old delegate's response, something like:

I use this techhnique in my PreFab Event Taps Testbench utility.

I call this the "delegate server" design pattern. In a general sense, it
allows you to control programmatically whether a class "implements" a
delegate method. For example, you could have a preference setting in an
application that turns the delegate methods on or off, or switches between
different sets of delegate methods. The uses for this are probably few, but
it served me perfectly for a test utility that is designed to see how a
variety of applications handle certain system-level facilities with a
variety of delegate method and callback method implementations.

--

Bill Cheeseman - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quechee Software, Quechee, Vermont, USA

PreFab Software - www.prefabsoftware.com