On May 2, 2008, at 8:23 PM, Quincey Morris wrote:
I don't know why initWithFrame: isn't being called in your case, but someone from Apple did say on this list a few weeks ago that an initializer *is* always called. If it's not initWithFrame:, it will be initWithCoder:.

Presumably that is getting called, and you could put the object allocations in there.

Turns out it's my fault (I suspected as much). What I did was the following:

I had one window with a custom view on it. Instead of setting the class of the custom view I set the class if the window's content view. I didn't realize it because the view painted correctly. I should have been more careful, sorry for wasting your time.

The initializer is not getting called correctly.

Regards
Markus