Look for -fvisibility=hidden and -fvisibility-ms-compat
options in the gcc manual ("man gcc"); it may be that
you're using a library that isn't built in the recommended
way for the Mac.

Kevin G.

Folks,

This is not strictly a cocoa-dev question, if there is a better list
to ask this on, please point me in the right direction.

I get a pile of linker warnings like this:

ld: warning PLBmpBase::GetLineArray32() const has different visibility
(2) in .../third_party/lib-mac/libpaintlib.a(pljpegdec.o) and (1) in
.../testing/MacImageTest/build/MacImageTest.build/Debug/ ImagePaintlibMac.build/Objects-normal/i386/imagerep.o

What does this mean?  PLBmpBase::GetLineArray() is defined as inline
in the header files used to build the .a; and AFAICT this is true of
the .o.  Are there compiler/linker settings that could change between
the two builds that might cause this warning?

Thanks!
- Dave.S