I have an NSSegmentedControl which I'm trying to make work just like the one in iCal. I have two central segments (Week & Month - no days) and a segment at each end for forward/back.

If the control is in 'select one' mode I can have either week or month selected and drawn in the darkened start. When I get a click in the end cells I restore the selection to either the week or month segment (basically restore the selection to that before the click).

This works but I get a redraw flash on the week/month cells. iCal doesn't suffer from this 8-)

I've tried playing with setting other tracking modes (like 'select any') but it that mode the control doesn't seem to reflect my 'setSelectedSegment' messages at all and I can't get the week/month segments to draw in the darkened selected state.

Any other suggestions on what might be going on ?

Andrew 8-)