Have you logged a bug on this yet?

thanks,
corbin

On May 8, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Daniel Parnell wrote:
Hi All,

I'm having an interesting problem. I'm trying to use NSOpenPanel to select some files (as one usually does), however if I compile with garbage collection on and then try to use the Music, Photos or Movies areas in the open panel I get very strange crashes. If I've previously opened a file from one of these areas and the open panel is now defaulting to them then simply using Command-O will also cause the same crash.

Is there some special magic I need to use to allow me to use NSOpenPanel and the special Photo, Music and Movies areas with garbage collection turned on?

I'm able to replicate this crash in a simple little app I threw together containing the following code.

- (IBAction) doIt:(id)sender {
        NSOpenPanel* panel = [NSOpenPanel openPanel];
        [panel setAllowsMultipleSelection: YES];
        [panel setPrompt: NSLocalizedString(@"Insert", @"Insert Prompt")];
        [panel setAllowedFileTypes: [NSImage imageTypes]];

[panel beginSheetForDirectory: nil file: nil modalForWindow: window modalDelegate: self didEndSelector:@selector(insertPanelDidEnd:returnCode:contextInfo:) contextInfo: nil];
}

- (void)insertPanelDidEnd:(NSOpenPanel *)panel returnCode: (int)returnCode contextInfo:(void *)contextInfo {
        if(returnCode==NSOKButton) {
                NSLog(@"got files=%@", [panel filenames]);