Howdy,

We have an experiment-running program which uses NSSound to play auditory stimuli. After upgrading a G5 to Leopard, we're seeing significant audio problems that we didn't see on Tiger. Sometimes, it's just a momentary dropout, but other times the audio just goes away for minutes at a time.

This behavior happens with both the internal audio hardware, or with a USB soundcard, so it probably isn't specific to the hardware.

Most of the audio glitches are accompanied by syslog messages from IOAudioStream, describing problems related to clipIfNecessary()

Has anyone run into this? Is there a fix or workaround? Should we be using something lower-level than NSSound? Is there a better place to ask?

Thanks,

Jon

Jonathan Hendry

Howard Hughes Medical Institute