on 2008-05-13 12:06 AM, Johnny Lundy at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I still have to do the crazy
>
> self.hoursString = [[NSNumber numberWithInt: self.hours] stringValue];
>
> To get a string from an int for the textField to bind to. If I bind it
> to the model deadline.hours, which is a scalar int, it displays zero
> while NSLog is merrily displaying 23 from the same variable.
>
> Is converting the int to a NSNumber and then to a string make sense
> here? Seems roundabout.

Look at the reference documentation for +[NSString stringWithFormat:], and
the String Programming Guide for Cocoa (particularly the Formatting String
Objects and String Format Specifiers sections).

--

Bill Cheeseman - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quechee Software, Quechee, Vermont, USA

PreFab Software - www.prefabsoftware.com