I've got a situation where an alert, attached as a sheet, just beeps when it's called (instead of displaying and interacting with the user.) I'm about 99.99% certain that this is being caused by a sheet that comes up prior to the alert (not at the same time -- the previous sheet is long gone, theoretically, from the window when this alert is called.)

Weird thing is that the exact same code in a different class works a- ok, so I'm a little mystified, but knowing why an alert would just beep, rather than come up, would be a great start. The previous sheet is a progress metre, which comes up and goes away without any user involvement. If I call the progress metre twice, there's another beep and the panel is displayed detached from the window.

The "endpanel" function, which does get called, contains nothing more than an orderOut:nil. Adding a close call neither helps nor hinders.

So, what have I done to my window with this first sheet which causes subsequent alerts to beep instead of displaying?

Thanks!

dale

--
Dale Jensen