Look at the Security framework and functions like AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges.

On May 14, 2008, at 6:12 PM, Ron Aldrich wrote:

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to figure out where the API for the system's password entry dialog is defined.

In particular, I'm interested in using the dialog which is used by Disk Utility (i.e. diskimages-helper) to enter passwords.

Is there a public API for password entry dialogs? Or should I just roll my own?