It would seem that NSDictionaryController keys have to be strings.
So the sorting of numeric string keys is always going to be alphabetic.

My solution was to discard NSDictionaryController and create a proxy object containing two properties:

id key;
id value;

I looped through my dictionary creating proxy objects for each key and value and added each proxy object to an NSArray.
The array was then bound to my NSTableView.

Jonathan

Hello list

I have bound an NSDictionaryController to an NSTableView.
The keys in my bound dictionary are numeric strings 1... n
The dictionary keys and values display okay but the sorting of the key column is not numeric but alphabetic.
The value column sorts fine for objects of type NSNumber.
I have tried using NSNumber keys and an NSValueTransformer subclass but the controller seems to need an NSString key.

I know I am being dumb here. Please put me out of my misery.

Thanks

Jonathan