On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:40 PM, ben syverson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I know it's kevent "style," but unless it's actually kevent (or a similar
> kernel-level event system) under there, I have my doubts about the
> performance under heavy load. I guess I could (should) do benchmarks of both
> versions. But kqueue is working great so far, so I'll probably leave any
> benchmarking & Sharking until after the rest of development is done...

Well, if all you want to do is to set up your run loop so that it will
run without any inputs or timers:

NSPort *dummyPort = [[NSPort port] retain];
[[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] addPort:dummyPort forMode:@"NSDefaultRunLoopMode"];

But why do you want to perform a selector on the "main" thread rather
than on the thread with your main event loop?

Hamish