On  Fri, 16 May 2008 10:12:24 -0600 Michael Vannorsdel wrote
I've tried the code here and it works as expected.  Could you give
more detail on your build setup?  Like what arch you're building for,

This is running as stand alone app. on Mac Pro 10.5.2
how you're executing the program,
From Xcode - build and run

if you're executing code other than
this, if this is actually running as a plugin or loaded bundle.
No, nothing like that

With regard to the build settings i'm not sure which items of information are significant. I left everything as default except that once the errors started to appear (in the code i ported from my G4) I made garbage collection required and the code to be developed for OS 10.5.
Here are the settings that I'm guessing to be relevant:

In the xcode project info window General
Project Format: XCode 3.0 compatible

Cross develop using Target SDK: Mac OS 10.5

Under Build>
Configuration : Active Configuration
Show Settings defined at this level

Architectures
ARCHS = ppc i386

Build Locations
SDKROOT = $(DEVELOPER_SDK_DIR)/MacOSX10.5.sdk

Linking
PREBINDING = NO

GCC 4.0 - Code Generation
GCC_MODEL_TUNING = G5                   (PowerPC G5 [-mtune=G5]
GCC_ENABLE_OBJC_GC = required  (Garbage collection = required)

GCC - 4.0 Language
GCC_INPUT_FILETYPE = sourcecode.c.objc    (Objective-C)

GCC - 4.0 Warnings
GCC_WARN_ALLOW_INCOMPLETE_PROTOCOL = YES
GCC_WARN_ABOUT_RETURN_TYPE = YES
GCC_WARN_UNUSED_VARIABLE = YES

Under Configurations
Debug