On May 16, 2008, at 4:55 PM, john darnell wrote:

I am attempting to follow these instructions, but whenever I do, when
the cursor hovers over the table view control on the dialog the label
that shows is NSTableColumn, and in the info panel the connected button
remains grayed out and the message "tableView must be of type
NSTableView" appears on the panel.

How do I get IB to select the tableView instead of the columnView?

Well, I don't have the current version of this book, but one trick that can help is to change the nib window to hierarchical view, and then expand the tree out until you can see the tableView that you want to connect to, then control-drag to that instead of the table on the column. That's probably the easiest way to get to one item in a nested hierarchy such as you have with the table views.