I do not know enough yet. BUT ! I just did get the new Cocoa Book from
Hillgrass Amazon. I found the tool F-Script here. It lets you nearly
instatly get something working. I think something like the Hillgrass
book should be ported to F-Script. As example in the tut for core
image F-Script it gives you the code to Create a window from scratch
and logically place the buttons on the window by coordinates. That
kind of "knowing" how to make a window without IB is priceless to me
imo.

A big headache a bunch of wannabee devs get when reading book after
book after pdf is that the tuts are so lame. Of course we want the fun
stuff. We want to make our own photoshop or what have you. As example
of a brave soul http://www.chocoflop.com/ .From what I read, it's not
been an easy road for that app which sorta lost the war to pixelmator.

Anyway, back to building Raise Man 3rd ed