Hi,

Sincerely, I am coding under windows with Win32/Qt/Corba/Lua and others for a
living, I use MSDN every day, I read their example very often.

Well Qt has a very usable API and a good documentation and good examples and we
have access to the sources...

But on the Win32/Microsoft front, I don't think that the doc is so well written
at all, and they had a lot more money to put it behind this task.

Ok, hopefully you can find a lot of useful stuff on lot of web site (code
guru...), but the Microsoft documentation suck, sincerely.

I agree that the Cocoa doc 2/3 years ago was not good at all, that's true. Now
the doc team has made a very nice job and the doc  has a lot improved. A lot of
conceptual text.

You can start easily. Obviously, they can make it better,it need time.

something like :

 xcode documentation --> Cocoa --> Getting Started

   et voila

   and you start reading the doc, you can print it and read it in the public
transport to do it in your spare time... :) Maybe people are to used to code
without understanding it with the help of code completion...

I suppose that Apple need to put more people on this front to get it better,
but it would reduce their business profit :(

I was reading in public transport, every day, the documentation of NeXTSTEP 0.8
18 year ago, that's funny :) I agree that at this time it took me 6 months to
get the Aha! moment, but I didn't have a NeXT computer at work, hence reading
the documentation was the sole thing I was able to do.

Have fun

   Gerard