From: "Geert B. Clemmensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 15. februar 2008 10.52.25 GMT+01:00
To: Cocoa Developers <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>
Subject: Front and back flip animation

I would like to implement a switch between two views, each with their own set of controls etc., so the switch animates like when you click on the small "i" on a widget, i.e. the concept of a front and a back. The animation should flip the views around a vertical axis in the middle of their frame. I've looked at the ViewFlip and GeekGameBoard examples (and many others) and kinda have things working, but it is not quite what I want. I would like to solicit opinions on what the best strategy is. The ViewFlip uses CATransform3DMakeRotation, but that isn't ideal as described in the GeekGameBoard example. The GeekGameBoard uses CALayer and not NSViews, so I'm unsure how to change the example to what I need.

One approach I've considered is to add an animation to the parent view ("subviews" property) so it moves and resizes the view. Let's say that the views are 200x400 and with frameOrigin at 0,0. Would it then make sense to have the front animate from ((0,0),(200,400)) to ((100,0),(0,400)) and the reverse for the back (assuming doubleSided is NO)?

Is there a much better and obvious way, once you've seen the light :o), to achieve the front/back flip animation?

Kind Regards,
Geert B. Clemmensen