Hi,
could you send me your project off list? I will check it and let you know what's wrong. (If I find it of course)

Robert

On 22.5.2008, at 19:39, Michael McLaughlin wrote:

Robert Cerny wrote:

Just FYI,
[myButton setKeyEquivalent:@"\r"]; is the correct way to set button to
Default. Are you sure that speakButton is not nil?

The button is OK.

I found that I could get the button to work by entering the Return key
equivalent in IB, stubbing out awakeFromNib. However, the *appearance* of
the button is still non-default.

Also, Hillegass instructs to set up the FirstResponder of the window to point to the textField. I had done that earlier and thought that it might be interefing so I eliminated it along with the entire textField in IB, then made a new textField without messing with FirstResponder. I found that the textField behaves just as though the FirstResponder still existed (perhaps
this is a new default behavior with a single textField).  The button
appearance was not fixed.

So, right now, the button works as though it were the default (thanks to the IB key equivalent field) but it does not *look* like a default button. I
searched again for some difference in what I did vs. what the
BackgroundExporter code looks like and cannot find any real differences. Moreover, the debugger behaves as though all it well -- no errors, no nil
outlets.

BTW, all of this is with Xcode 3.0 and OS 10.5.2.