On 23 May 2008, at 5:28 AM, nishant jain wrote:

Hi all,I am little bit into iphone native application dev.
Can anybody help me with xcode support for iphone API just like appkido or
any other such tool.

For business reasons, I have kept myself free of iPhone exposure, so I can answer out of general knowledge on your question, which I think is not specific to the iPhone, to-wit:

How do I get browser-style access to documentation that has recently been written or revised, such as for new API?

In the specific case of AppKiDo (which I dearly love), only Andy Lee can say for sure.

I have the impression that the new-style documentation has recently been changing format every couple of months, and in ways that make it harder to scrape for method-by-method access. Third-party tools will have a lot of trouble for the foreseeable future.

The Class Browser (Project -> Class Browser) is a 90% substitute. You can set the class list to hierarchical or flat. There's no way to set a favorites list, or a category list (like frameworks, or AppKiDo's "Strings, data, collections" list). Selecting one yields one of the defining headers, and a list of methods that summons the definition of a method when you select it. Clicking on the book next to a class name shows you the class documentation; on the book next to a method name, the documentation for the method. Class documents include most of AppKiDo's browsing categories, and inherited symbols are available as an option.

        — F