Somewhere I have read (if my memory is not faulty) that it is possible to lauch an app with some arguments (or environment variables?) changing the preference order of languages.

E.g. my preferred language is English, but I want to test the German localization of some app.

Xcode allows me to set:
Command-line arguments to pass to the program upon launch
Environment variables to set before launching the program

But what to set where?

Another (related) problem: this works:
> open /Applications/TextEdit.app

But this does not:
> open /Applications/TextEdit.app -NSOpen /tmp/a
although recommended as "more commonly used command-line argument" by the "Runtime Configuration Guidelines" in "Using Launch Arguments".

Kind regards,

Gerriet.