On 28.05.2008, at 03:16, also wrote:

I've created a custom NSView that displays an image and allows the
user to zoom in and out.  The view works in general, but the quality
of the image displayed is not what I expect.  When I zoom in even
slightly on a high resolution image (300 dpi, 500x500) the image is
grainy and pixelated.

this is one of the FAQ in this list. The solution is:

    image = [[NSImage alloc] initWithContentsOfURL:url];
    [image setDataRetained:YES];  // <------

The docs say:

- (void)setDataRetained:(BOOL)flag

Retention of the source image data is important if the source of the image data could change, be moved, or be deleted. Data retention is also useful if you plan to resize an image frequently; otherwise, resizing occurs on a cached copy of the image, which can lose image quality during successive scaling operations. With data retention enabled, the image is resized from the original source data.

good luck

--
Heinrich Giesen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]