Please excuse me for taking so long to get back to this thread!

Thank you both for your answers. It's interesting that you think that those
crashes are related to the open panel. I also have several crash logs that
contain traces of open/save panel methode calls. If this doesn't get better
in 10.5.3 I will consider rewriting my application to run in GC unsupported
mode.

Regards,

Markus M.