I have a button "Print Label". I would like it to say "Print Labels" when more than one label is selected in the Tree Controller view. Is it possible to do this with Alt. Titles and bindings in IB? Or must I write code?

Since Stephen's value transformer reply answers your question from the technical how-to standpoint, I'll take the usability side.

This is probably not the best direction. Your UI should communicate that the "Print" button (the verb) applies to the "Labels" (the noun). "Print" directly applies to the selected "Label" or "Labels" and the button should not change simply because the selection is plural, nor should it have the noun in its title.

If your label list and print buttons are mixed in visually with other elements of the interface, making it unclear what "print" means in that context (because there are several things that can be "print"ed that are printed differently in the same general area), "You're [probably] doing it wrong.™" in terms of UI design.

  Just my humble Idiot Opinion. Do with it what you will.

--
I.S.