On May 31, 2008, at 4:27 AM, Rick Mann wrote:

After adding a new entity to my tree controller, how can I programmatically open the first column (a text cell)

Again, this is confusing - "entity" is not the same as "instance". Also, I assume by 'column' you mean that of a table view or outline view.

for editing and select the contents, so that it's easy to create a new entity and start editing the values?

NSTableView and NSOutlineView have a method - editColumn:row:withEvent:select: ... Make sure your tree controller has fetched and rearranged its objects (and if your view is an outline view, the corresponding "item" for your new instance is fully expanded), then call the -editColumn:row:withEvent:select: method.

--
I.S.