I have entities like so;

Account;
NSString        name
relationship    credit
relationship    debit

Transaction;
NSString        name
NSDate          date
relationship    toAccount       (reverse of credit in Account entity)
relationship    fromAccount     (reverse of debit in Account entity)

I have a tableview with a custom datasource as I have to mung data between the Object Model and the view. Using the datasource and delegate methods I can display data fine and I can alter and set the attributes name and date.

What I can't do is set change the relationships. In my tableView I'm displaying the Account name in the toAccount and fromAccount columns. I want to be able to type a new Account.name in there and have the Transaction object update the relationship to the new Account accordingly. Reading the core data docs I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. I believe I need to take the name from the tableColumn, figure out which account it belongs to then somehow set that as the relationship by using KVC.

Any tips?