I glanced at this early today at Borders. One thing I was surprised to see omitted from the third edition was any discussion on NSOperationQueue. Am I mistaken or is there also no coverage of NSLock and NSThread in this edition?

That seems to be omitted in order to make the Advanced book more paletteable.