I'm working my way through the 3rd edition and have a question specifically on speech synthesizer in chapter 5. It's my understanding that whenever something is retained or alloced they eventually need to be released. In the application built in the chapter, NSSpeechSynthesizer is alloced and an array is retained and neither are released. I know that for the very small and simple apps here, it doesn't really matter but how and where would you go about releasing those objects? If they shouldn't be released, why not?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Ashley Perrien