Hello Ken,

thanks for your respond. I already read this link and thought that the NSArrayController "Mailbox" represents this intervening NSController between the model object and the table view because the table view is not bound direct to the model or a custom controller. To reformulate my question - Why is a second intervening NSController in form of an NSObjectController useful?

Thanks again,
Jochen