On Jun 3, 2008, at 8:12 PM, Chris Outwin wrote:

I have MainMenu.nib and MainMenu(Debug).nib in a Cocoa document app using Xcode 3.0. The (Debug)version has controls only used during development. I am trying to use build settings to dynamically load the MainMenu(Debug).nib when PreprocessorMacros has a value associated with the debug configuration.

How do you dynamically select between two version of MainMenu.nib in a Cocoa document app?

Check the very beginning of the docs for NSApplication:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSApplication_Class/Reference/Reference.html#/ /apple_ref/doc/uid/20000012-800060
Every application must have exactly one instance of NSApplication (or a subclass of NSApplication). Your program’s main() function should create this instance by invoking the sharedApplication class method. After creating the NSApplication object, the main() function should load your application’s main nib file and then start the event loop by sending the NSApplication object a run message. If you create an Application project in Xcode, this main() function is created for you. The main() function Xcode creates begins by calling a function named NSApplicationMain(), which is functionally similar to the following:

void NSApplicationMain(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    [NSApplication sharedApplication];
    [NSBundle loadNibNamed:@"myMain" owner:NSApp];
    [NSApp run];
}