This may be an Xcode question, rather than Cocoa, but it relates more to the language, so I'll ask here.

In my project, I get a number of warnings that are invalid, telling me that something or another "may not respond" to something, when in fact, it can. As an example, I get a lot of these:

warning: 'NSString' may not respond to '- stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:withString:'
warning: 'NSFileManager' may not respond to '-removeItemAtPath:error:'
warning: 'WebView' may not respond to '-mainFrameURL'

while are all Cocoa framework calls, which do work. In some instances, I've found that tracking down a header file and #importing it sometimes gets rid of the message, but not always (can't seem to get rid of the three shown here, ever.)

As my project grows, I have more and more of these, and after each build, I find myself wading through them to make sure that the warnings I'm getting are just these invalid ones, nothing in the code I've added. It's also a nuisance to try and edit code with the bubbles in there, and closing the bubble does not result in it staying closed after the next build. Not having the bubbles on solves that bit but, again, I'm losing useful functionality due to improper (and hopefully fixable) behaviour.

I don't want to ditch all "may not respond" messages, as they do often point out a problem, but these incorrect and superfluous ones are starting to drive me nuts. Any suggestions or help in getting rid of them would be well appreciated.

Thanks!

dale