nooo I dont believe it!!!!! :)
I come from Flash and Core Animation is like Fuse Framework of Moses.
Is a way to have some sort of "collision" method of one or more layers?

On Jun 5, 2008, at 9:04 , Davide Scheriani wrote:

I was playing with my NSView and CATextLayer.
I placed this code:

-(void)mouseDown:(NSEvent *)theEvent
{
        // [...snip...]

        [rootLayer addSublayer:textLayer];
}

what ive noticed is when I click,the text appear with a fadein.
Any reason of this behaviour?

Modifying most layer properties as well as adding/removing sublayers generates implicit animations. You can temporarily disable animations by wrapping the relevant code in a CATransaction:

- (void)mouseDown:(NSEvent *)theEvent
{
        [CATransaction begin];
[CATransaction setValue:(id)kCFBooleanTrue forKey:kCATransactionDisableActions];

        [rootLayer addSublayer:textLayer];

        [CATransaction commit];
}

/brian