On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Robert Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> You can try the following methods
>
> - (BOOL)control:(NSControl *)control textShouldBeginEditing:(NSText
> *)fieldEditor
> {
>        [ MyController logCurrentInputSource ];
>        return true;
> }
>
> - (void)controlTextDidBeginEditing:(NSNotification *)aNotification {
>        [ MyController logCurrentInputSource ];
> }
>
> You seem to be confusing the methods you need to implement in your
> textfields delegate vs the methods of the textfield that calls the delegates
> methods.
>

> On Jun 7, 2008, at 10:44 PM, Charles Jenkins wrote:
>
>  With regard to my problems with delegates, I think maybe my frustrations
>> stem from something about the delegation process or about text fields that I
>> do not understand.
>>
>> Here is how to recreate an example of my problem.
>>
>> STEP 1: Start a new project called 'WhatKb'
>>
>> STEP 2: Add a Cocoa Objective C class called MyController and fill in the
>> .h and .m files thusly:
>>
>> //  MyController.h
>>
>> #import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>
>>
>> @interface MyController : NSObject {
>> IBOutlet NSTextField* tf1;
>> IBOutlet NSTextField* tf2;
>> }
>> -(void)awakeFromNib;
>> -(BOOL)textShouldBeginEditing:(NSText*)textObject;
>> -(void)textDidBeginEditing:(NSNotification*)aNotification;

Also,
The above 3 method declarations should not be here. As they are not part of
your formal class interface. That is, they cannot and should not be called
keeping your class or it's instance as a receiver.

These are delegate methods and need to be implemented in your implementation
file only. With those declarations in header file, the users of your class
will see them as instance methods of your class, which is not true and is
confusing.

Thanks,
- Vijay