I think this is more related to general cocoa so I post it here.

I have OpenGL-view which can be toggled to fullscreen or not. ( [self enterFullScreenMode:[NSScreen mainScreen] withOptions:nil]; )

This seems to work very well and is extremely simple solution. However I was hoping to get menubar to slide visible when mouse cursor is on top but that doesn't seem to work?

So my next option is to have a floating HUD (like in aperture).

How do I implement that?
I created HUD-window which is topmost but as soon as I go fullscreen it's below NSOpenGLView. I am a little lost what is the current way or am I even on the right track at all.

Thank You.

-Mike