On Jun 9, 2008, at 2:04 PM, Abel J. Almeida wrote:

I need help parsing a large text file.
I need to examine the file one line at a time.
It's a 128MB text file.

I used the stringWithContentsOfFile method from the NSString class, but the file is too large and it doesn't seem very optimized to me, because what I need is parse one line at a time not the entire text file._______________________________________________

Check out NSFileHandle - it should handle what you need. It won't be quite a simple as using the NSString convenience class, but it's not hard:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSFileHandle_Class/Reference/Reference.html#/ /apple_ref/doc/uid/20000304