Hi All,

I want to know how we can get the file close event using FSEventStreamEventFlags. I have written the code for get the event when user write, open and close the file. But we are not able to distinguish between which event is for which purpose.

Shown below is the out put of function call -- FSEventStreamShow(streamRef);

FSEventStreamRef @ 0x101f10:
   allocator = 0xa01ea1a0
   callback = 0x1c20
   context = {0, 0x2034, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0}
   numPathsToWatch = 1
   pathsToWatch = 0xa01ea1a0
        pathsToWatch[0] = '/private/tmp'
   latestEventId = 49124
   latency = 1000000 (microseconds)
   flags = 0x00000000
in this always flags is NULL for all event in that directory specified,
only the latestEventId changes for every event.

So how can i find out whether file was opened, closed or write operation was performed on the file.

Here is the code snippet for creating stream.

FSEventStreamCreate(kCFAllocatorDefault,
         &mycallback,
         &context,
         pathsToWatch,
         kFSEventStreamEventIdSinceNow,
        latency,
        kFSEventStreamCreateFlagNone /* Flags explained in reference */
    );
where as pathsToWatch="/tmp/",
        latency=3.0,
        mycallback=is the callback function.