Look into UpdateSystemActivity(). It's in the CoreServices framework. If you call it with UsrActivity every 25 seconds or so, the display won't dim and the computer won't go to sleep (unless it's forced to. You can't prevent that).

What is your app doing that you want to resort to something as drastic as preventing sleep? Someone might be able to suggest a better solution to your problem if you give more details.

Hank