On 6/12/08 2:18 PM, "Jens Alfke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 12 Jun '08, at 10:35 AM, Paul E. Robichaux wrote:
>
>> After doing that, I now get a compiler warning that there's a
>> duplicate
>> interface defined for NSURLRequest(NSHTTPURLRequest),
>
> You can get around that by changing the category name (the part in
> parentheses) to anything different.

So *that's* what that's for. Thanks!

>> and at runtime when I
>> call the routine I get errors in my log:
>> +[NSURLConnection setAllowsAnyHTTPSCertificate:forHost:]: unrecognized
>> selector sent to class 0xa02645a0
>
> Hm, that means that method isn't actually implemented in
> NSURLConnection.

A little further digging revealed
<http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2007/5/19/183405>, which
claims that the method's implemented on NSURLRequest. Sure enough, when I
define it there, my app is now failing with
NSURLErrorUserCancelledAuthentication, which is a step in the right
direction :)