> On Jun 29, 2015, at 15:50 , Greg Parker <gpar...@apple.com> wrote:
>
> Perhaps you would prefer a different whitespace convention, one with no
> spaces around the colon in actual parameters. That's a popular convention in
> Objective-C. Otherwise there is no difference between Objective-C and Swift
> here.

I never really liked it in Objective-C, either.

There's a big difference in that Swift is more like C, naming a function and
then supplying the parameters in a parenthesized list. This, conceptually,
makes the name and the parameter list more independent (overloading
notwithstanding).

And again, I'm just suggesting the compiler do its best to infer the parameter
names instead of requiring them everywhere.

Why not require variable types, as you suggested I provide when trying to
diagnose the error? Surely that would made things more clear.

--
Rick Mann
rm...@latencyzero.com