The bug is really that they haven’t documented the new String method so you
only get the old (and still-existing) NSString method.

I did find it in some documentation which pointed to online documentation (you
can tell by the lag) so I went to prefs, updated my docsets, and now I don’t
have it any more, which is rather par for the course and generally sad.

new Xcode tomorrow (?), perhaps we’ll get a docs update.