> On 11 Jul 2015, at 22:24, William Squires <wsqui...@satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
> In ObjC, I can have a class implement the description message so I can do:
>
> MyClass *myObj = [[MyClass alloc] init];
>
> NSLog("%@", myObj);
>
> and it will be as if I did:
>
> NSString *aDesc = [myObj description];
> NSLog("%@", aDesc);
>
> What's the Swift equivalent?

just print it

        print( “\(myObj)” )

You’ll get

1) something very ordinary if myObj doesn’t implement anything special
2) the result of debugDescription if it implements CustomDebugStringConvertible
3) the result of description if it implements CustomStringConvertible

2) and 3) are protocols you implement. That’s what they are called in Swift
2.0, they were called something else in Swift 1.x but the idea is the same