I need to support users still on Snow Leopard (I’m on Xcode 6.4 / Yosemite
10.10.4). I’m building using the latest SDK but deployment target is 10.6. As
others have noted in the past, the compiler will not warn of any code
incompatibilities, so I’m looking to install SL on an external partition.

The developer site has this

http://adcdownload.apple.com/Mac_OS_X/mac_os_x_version_10.6_snow_leopard_build_10a432/mac_os_x_v10.6_build_10a432_user_dvd.dmg

<http://adcdownload.apple.com/Mac_OS_X/mac_os_x_version_10.6_snow_leopard_build_10a432/mac_os_x_v10.6_build_10a432_user_dvd.dmg>

which I’m still trying to download (slow connection, several hours wait, then
several hours to possibly install and update on a blank partition; my own
machine can still run Leopard and on, but I don’t have a DVD drive any longer
so I can’t use the install disks).

I was wondering if anyone has actually tried using and installing this DMG as a
testbed, and if so what issues you might have encountered? It looks like a
pre-release build, so I’m guessing there may be issues trying to update it with
the combo updater.

On top of that, I was thinking of writing a script to do code check
compatibility for me. I haven’t’ actually thought about how I’ll do that, but
since all the information is in the docs and headers, it should in theory be
doable. I was just wondering whether anyone has created such a tool already?

Thoughts much appreciated.

Phil