> On 21 Jul 2015, at 08:23, Thomas Wetmore <t...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>> As a side issue, given that you’ll need to update constraints and re-layout
>> your view hierarchy every time the mouse moves during a drag, it might be
>> worthwhile retooling your code to use mouseDown/mouseDragged events
>> non-modally, instead of using your current modal loop.
>
> I am worried about the performance implications of this. Should I not be?
> Implementation will tell, of course.

Test it and see.

One point, don’t know if it was already covered as I’ve lost a bit of the
thread. Constraints have constants which are amusing named as they’re the one
thing you can change. Removing and replacing constraints is expensive and
requires lots of recomputation, however just changing the constants on
constraints is relatively cheap. So if you do try to do this by setting up and
modifying constraints during the drag, see if you can manage to keep the
constraint instances the same and just change the constants on them.