Dear all,

I have written a screensaver , but unfortunately, I didn't have the time to
update the source code sine OS X 10.7 .
It is still working so-so, but showing signs of code aging.

Now I would like to bring the source code up to date.

Does anybody know of some guidelines , or a list of hints, or any other
document anywhere, that would outline the exact changes
I need to do.
In particular, I'd like to learn more about the changes needed in
CoreAnimation, in Scripting Bridge to retrieve photos from iPhoto-now-Photos,
and the way I identify the current display/monitor.
Below are a few code snippets, for your information.

And I am interesting in anything else you might deem worthy of upgrading in the
source code.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Gabriel.

-------------
Code snippet I used to make a layer (containing only one image) cross-dissolve
with a new one:

        [CATransaction begin];
        if ( crossDissolve_ )
          [CATransaction setAnimationDuration: fading_duration];
        else
          [CATransaction setValue: (id)kCFBooleanTrue forKey:
kCATransactionDisableActions];
        [mainLayer_ replaceSublayer: currentLayer_ with: newlayer];
        currentLayer_ = newlayer;
        [CATransaction commit];

Code snippet I used to identify monitors/displays (this seems to fail since OS
X 10.9 ):

        displayNumber_ = [ [[newWindow screen] deviceDescription] objectForKey:
@"NSScreenNumber"];
        displayID_ = [displayNumber_ unsignedIntValue];
        unsigned int main_screen_id = [[ [[NSScreen mainScreen]
deviceDescription] objectForKey: @"NSScreenNumber"] unsignedIntValue];

I suspect , this code does not work any more as intended, because I get often a
new display ID for exactly the same monitor (just a cinema display).