On Jul 27, 2015, at 15:08 , Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

> Is it bridged automatically anywhere else? Seems like a lot of ad-hoc and
> inconsistent support for bridging.

I dunno, really. Support for CF things (and C things and unmanaged pointers)
seems to vary release by release, so I don’t try to keep up.

Bridging is consistent, though, I believe. It’s very specific:

        Int,etc <-> NSNumber
        String <-> NSString
        [AnyObject] <-> NSArray
        [NSObject: AnyObject] <-> NSDictionary

But this doesn’t extend to things we know about Obj-C and Cocoa externally to
Swift, or internally about the implementations (such as toll-free bridging
between CF and NS types). Remember, too, that we had to cast CFString variables
like kSecReturnData to NSString manually in Obj-C to shut the compiler up.

P.S. In my earlier example, ‘as String’ seems to work as well as ‘as NSString’.
I presume that’s because of bridging, once you’ve got as far as NSString.