On Jun 14, 2008, at 1:52 PM, dream cat7 wrote:

Hi,

Seeing notifications from outside:
There was a great logging tool called "Meow" for the nsnotifications but i cannot seem to find that anymore. I had hoped to write a D- Trace probe to give a similar output as "Meow" but support for cocoa objects like NSString. In instruments it is not showing the obj-c data passed in the function parameters, only the names of the obj-c function which appears on the stack. I wish i had kept a copy of Meow tool. Sometimes it is useful to see the nsnotification communications separately from xcode. Sometimes 2 process are communicating And one of them is launching / closing multiple times during the session (e.g. sending kill message as NSNotification).

I haven't seen "Meow" but there is a Notification Watcher project (with source) at:
http://www.tildesoft.com/Programs.html

It may do what you need, or you could extend it to do so.

--Nathan