I think you're right on both counts.

I will post this weekend about my solution to the other problem I posted about
-- how to make collapse and uncollapse work both from a toggle button and by
double-clicking or dragging the divider. It turns out that the frameworks use
two different techniques for the two different scenarios, and that fact is not
documented in the release notes, the reference document, or the header
comments. In fact, the header comments for NSSplitViewItem (in
NSSplitViewController.h) imply the opposite, falsely.

--

Bill Cheeseman - wjcheese...@comcast.net